More and more homeowners are looking to decrease their utility bills that they seek tips and recommendations from their local electrician. Aside from the dollar savings, these tips can also help make your electrical appliances more energy efficient; thus, increasing their lifespan and allowing you to make use of their services for a much longer time.
Here are some of the professional electrician tips you should know about:
1. Open windows and curtains and let the natural light come inside the room. This is most especially true if there is currently a warm weather outside. Just think about how this easy and simple gesture could help decrease your energy use.
2. You can also make use of your curtains to help save electricity in the colder months. Professional electricians Myrtle Beach said closing them helps keep the warm temperature in; thus, helping to prevent your heating furnace from overworking to warm your house.
3. Always turn off lights when you leave a room. Although this is most likely something that is already a habit, there will be times that you or one of the members of your household will forget or neglect to switch off lights when not in use. To avoid this, think about utilizing a sensor that automatically switches the lights off when no one is in the room.
4. Use more energy efficient lighting such as CFL (compact fluorescent) or LED lighting. You can opt to replace all your light bulbs or switch only the five you utilize the most. Energy Star reveals that a homeowner can save as much as $70 per year by switching the five most utilized lighting in their homes with ones that have the Energy Star approval.
5. Seek recommendations from your electrician on where to get high quality and cost efficient green energy alternatives. If you have the money and time, investing in these alternatives will benefit you in the long run.
6. If the weather is great outside, consider turning off the dryer and hang your clothes to dry instead. Doing so will not only result to decreasing your energy use. It will also help keep your whites whiter due to the natural sunlight. Plus, your sheets and shirts will obtain natural outside air.
7. Avoid putting your computers and other electrical hardware and gadgets in sleep or hibernate mode throughout the night or whenever they will be unused for a more extended time. The hardware is still switched on and, thus, drawing electricity even in standby mode. Properly shut all devices down and unplug any unused electrical appliance, especially if you won’t be using them for a long time.