During spring and summer, your home needs more electricity. But homeowners must always be aware of the pitfalls of electricity. The ESFI said that the latest home injury statistics are very startling and show that homeowners must know this tips to promote home safety. If you have electrical problems, you should call a residential electrician right away.
Safety Tips From Residential Electrician
The fans, dehumidifiers, humidifiers, air conditioning systems, heat pumps, and air purifiers have been involved in more than 30,000 home injuries. The air conditioning systems have caused more than 7,000 home fires, which costs about $200 million worth of property damage.
Because of the yearly injuries and property damage, the ESFI suggests that homeowners will contact a licensed and qualified electrician Myrtle Beach to perform any electrical job in your home. These includes services and installation of air conditioning as well as other cooling equipment.
During the heat of the summer season, the air conditioning systems as well as other cooling systems work to keep your home and your family comfortable. The risk of sustaining damage must be your air conditioning systems from working. Homeowners must be know the risks of electricity and also take the necessary precautions when following any electrical tips.
Electrical Safety Checklist
There is an increased risk for electrical dangers during summer because of many reasons. However, they’re mainly because of outdoor activities as well as playing near the water. Additionally, risks such as faulty wiring and a blown fuse are still rampant, and that means there are more electrical dangers that you need be wary of. Get in touch with an electrical contractor if you don’t know what to do.
- Know the power lines around you and you should always assume that the electrical wires are live and dangerous.
- Don’t touch an outdoor wire using any part of your body. Don’t use objects or toys, either.
- Don’t climb trees that are near power lines even when the tree is not touching an electrical line, the additional weight from the person climbing the tree could cause the branch to come in contact with the line, which could be dangerous.
- Fly model air planes or kits in open areas such as a park or field so that they’re safely away from overhead power lines and trees.
- Don’t go into electric substations no matter what the reason is. They contain high voltage systems that can kill you. Additionally, don’t try to rescue a pet that may go inside. Call an electrical engineer
- Don’t use electrical devices that may have been submerged in water.
- Make sure that the electrical connections to your hot tubs and pools are fully grounded.
- You must use water resistant covers on the outlets outside your house especially those that are close to the swimming pool. Don’t forget to use GFCI for all your swimming pool power outlets.
Another safety note that should be remembered is that these systems are dangerous so don’t’ try to rescue a friend, pet, or family member that may have gotten into an electrical accident.
Call MB Electrician Pros now if you need the help of a professional electrical to take care of all your home’s electrical needs.